Thursday, April 13, 2006

Hymn of the Randomly Changing Period of Time

Ah, holy Jesus, how has thou offended
That man to judge thee hath in haste pretended?
By foes derided, by thine own rejected,
O most afflicted.

Who was the guilty? Who brought this upon thee?
Alas, my treason, Jesus, hath undone thee.
Twas I, Lord Jesus, I it was denied thee;
I crucified thee.

Lo, the Good Shepherd for the sheep is offered;
The slave hath sinned, and the Son hath suffered;
For ma's atonement, while he nothing heedeth,
God intercedeth.

For me, kind Jesus, was thine incarnation,
Thy mortal sorrow, and thy life's oblation;
Thy death of anguish and thy bitter Passion,
For my salvation.

Therefore, kind Jesus, since I cannot pay thee,
I do adore thee, and will ever pray thee;
Think on thy pity and thy love unswerving,
Not my deserving.


You know, that's the nice thing about the chorales...they're simply enough that a small congregation can sing them in harmony, and they sound amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home